Wednesday, May 9, 2012

God's Plan

Two days ago I sat here and wrote on my blog with tears streaming down my face and today I can't stop smiling!   God's grace is amazing.  

With the upcoming loss of our farm we have been wondering, "Will we be homeless... what do we do... can we stay in the same area... where do we move to?"   This led to an extensive housing search.  One of the options that arose was that Eric's Uncle, who lives in Tennessee, owns a home a few miles away from our place and it was up for sale.   It was Eric's Grandpa's home before he passed away and we were very close to his Grandpa and visited often.   We talked to Eric's Uncle about renting, but since he was in Tennessee he really wasn't keen on it.

After a day of thinking, exploring options and lots of prayers we thought about our potential to buy.   While most common routes of homebuying went out the window due to our current situation, we thought contract for deed might be an option.   Needless to say, before we even lose one property we are purchasing another!

The house is bigger and in better shape than our current home with three bedrooms, one bathroom, a large entryway addition and also a finished two stall garage. There is 11 acres which is enough to play in the garden, maybe raise a couple calves and chickens etc.   Our next door neighbor is Eric's cousin who is a great guy and some of our closest friends will be only 1 mile one direction and a few miles the other direction.   

Even though the loss of the farm is devastating, I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.  Buying Grandpa's house, having wonderful friends as neighbors, a bigger/in better shape home, kids in the same school district, and not having to claim bankruptcy all in the same bundle. 

Moral of the story is that God always has a plan and I truly believe he has been watching out for us, with Grandpa nudging his side of course.  ;~)   Hallelujah!!!

3 comments:

  1. I asked "Lord, why, during the hardest times in my life did you leave me to walk alone?" He turned to me and said "my Child, it was then that I carried you." He has carried you in a new direction & I am so happy for both of you. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slow to write and read blogs in 2012, I will do better 2nd quarter.

    I recall when Bruce and I struggled to sell our home in Missouri after I "resigned" from my position along with the rest of the management team brought in from another state. I was devastated.

    New homes were selling at the same price as our existing home. I thought we would go bankrupt and then Bruce's parents gave us an early inheritance - God Bless them - and at the last moment a couple who were transferred to MO bought our home and I was offered a new and much better job all at the same time. Prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean 2nd HALF of the year I will do better reading/writing/blogging...

      Delete