Friday, January 27, 2012

New Horizons

Updating my blog has not been my stong point this past 6 months, so I appologize for that.   However, I thought I had better follow up after my previous post. 

First off, thank you for all the prayers!  I can't express how appreciated they are, and they have paid off.  On Monday we met with our farm service agency representative, who is a wizard or should be anyway, and he put the options on the table.   To get right to the point, they are going to work with us.  This gives us the opportunity to keep the farm and turn things around.   Wonderful, right!?!

So, my mom always taught me to see the good in everything.   Even though the time period before this was really emotional, frightening, and stressful, it gave me the opportunity to do some really deep thinking which I appreciate.   Bottom line: there will be some new changes on the horizon.

I am definately a goal setter, however, I think we all get to a point where once we achieve our goals that we set out for we get a little stagnant if we don't sit down and restructure.   I realized that in the last 6 months or so I had become stagnant and so has my husband, career wise.   After graduating from college and finding a job, I didn't sit down and reformat what comes next.   My husband fell into the same trend as well.  The good news is that almost loosing the farm revived us from this state and now we have been able to reorganize and restructure. 

Setting new goals for myself, my family, and our careers is like breathing in fresh spring air.  It's revitalizing, it reminds you that things will begin to grow soon, and it's the beginning of something beautiful.   With some short term and long term goals drawn out, with steps on how to get there, we are on our way again.  The weight lifted off my shoulders feels fabulous, and I feel renewed.   

With new horizons ahead, we are on our way. 

2 comments:

  1. As you haven't been writing in your blog - I have not been reading other blogs! This is so good to hear. Sometimes we tend not to ask for help, when the people are in place to do just that. I am so happy you have received support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Now I know I must be a master writer. ;~) Well, sometimes when you aren't sure where to turn, asking for prayers is the best answer.

    Funny thing is that since I quit writing I quit reading blogs. Shameful... Maybe this should be one of my goals to get back into writing & reading as I do really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete