Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Change

Sleepy....   The changes in life have been incredibly wonderful but have me wiped out today.  I love my internship and could not have handpicked a more perfect fit.  I learn copious amounts of information each day and look forward to the next conversation and/ or task assigned.  The agency and community support is awe-inspiring and I leave work empowered each day. 

Even though the change is wonderful, finding the ability to adjust is a little tricky.  It's spring, which means field work season, so each day I've been coming home and jumping in the bobcat or the tractor and working till bedtime.  Last night it was 11:30 before I got to bed and so today I am a little beat.  Stress of farming in the spring has intensified my energy loss today, but I know this too shall pass. 

The kids have been happy, loving the weather and have been playing t-ball and soccer in the yard.  It always brings a smile to my face and to join in for a few minutes when possible.  I look forward to spending more time with them when things calm down around here. 

Overall, the change has been such a positive experience and I couldn't ask for much more.  (Other than a million $ :~)    I am anxious for Lars to come home, for summer activities, to see Eric fly off to see his brother for the first time in 8 years and go to Roger's graduation in NC, to see my sister home from California, to have my family together in just over a week, and to continue on this great journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment