Monday, May 9, 2011

Day One

First day of my internship begins today!  I am frightfully nervous, which is to be expected I guess.  After doing virtually the same job for 10 years, beginning something new, as a professional now, scares the daylights out of me.  I keep trying to use some positive mental reinforcement and picture how great things will go, but I keep picturing myself tripping over the door, spilling coffee all over myself, and sounding like a bumbling idiot.  Why is that???

I know I will be fine, the day will be fabulous, and that this is just the beggining to a new world of knowledge.  I have my lunch packed, two cans of pop, fresh coffee for the trip, a whole lot of nerves, and a smile ready to go.  I could use a little prayer though, so if you have some time... I'd appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. I am a little late, but am sending a prayer your way. Look in the mirror. you are "smart, confident...and learning". Walk slowly and look where you are going (to prevent stumbling), fill your cup half-full (to prevent spilling) and listen carefully and ask questions (because listeners sound smart).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I didn't fall, spill coffee, or ask any dumb questions; I think. :~) However, I was so worried that I would do something to disapoint them that I didn't even think about the fact that I may be disappointed; which was the case. I'm going to blog about it, so you'll have to read more.

    ReplyDelete