Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Coming Weekend = Happiness

Today I was able to monitor court proceedings all morning in Bemidji.  Talk about interesting!   One woman was being arraigned on her 33rd conviction for huffing paint.  The jail was described as her home as she stays there for a month or two each time and begins to look good, she eats well and is safe.  Once she's out the cycle begins all over again.  The bailif spoke of how the truth of it is that they know that one day they could very well find her dead.  Very sad...

However, the rest of the day was quite delightful!  After dinner at the Green Mill, I joined my friends in a little mall excursion where I found a great deal on a pair of new Nike's.  Just in time for the beautiful weather and the beginning of my walking season.
 Nike® Air Alvord 8 Women's Running ShoeI attended class which was uneventful, however, afterwards I recieved a call from my son and his dad.  He gets to come for 4 extra days which is wonderful!  Talk about an improvement from past years!  Then, on our way home we heard the song "Highway 20 Ride", by Rascal Flatts which always reminds me of Lars.  Tears started streaming down my face suddenly and I couldn't help myself.  I usually don't cry much but today my emotions got the best of me.   Thank goodness I had such wonderful friends there to support me.  I love those girls; they're great!

Anyway, the weekend is going to be busy, which I am excited about even though it sounds exhausting!  Saturday we are meeting Eric's aunt and uncle from Washington state in TRF for dinner and he hasn't seen them in years.  My mom will also be in TRF so I may just get to see her as well.  What a treat!  Then on Sunday I get to go pick up Lars.  I can't wait to spend the week with him.  We already have some plans for Wednesday afternoon while the younger two are in school.  Dinner, a movie and car races it is!  Possibly this choice:              
Mars Needs Moms posterAll I know is that I can't wait to spend some time with my son, it's long overdue.  :~)

6 comments:

  1. i feel bad correcting you, but because i love that song and LOVE zac brown band and REALLY DISLIKE rascal flatts, i had to let you know that song is by the zac brown band. i love it!

    yay for 4 extra days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Mars needs Moms and so does Lars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME, about Lars getting to spend extra time with you. Also, Anonymous, I'm sure Karen appreciates knowing who actually sings the song, in case she tries to look up the music to it later or something. :)

    I've always wanted to observe court procedings, to see how close they are to what I think they are. That is very sad about that woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, sounds like it was a good day, including your emotional reaction. It just shows you have a kind heart. Glad Lars can visit for a longer period of time.

    Those Nikes look great. I have several pairs of walking shoes, I am not satisfied with any of them. (partly because I expect them to take me out the door and for a walk!)

    Where is Eric's aunt & uncle from in WA State?

    I am just now working on a potential contract with WA - Administrative Office of the Courts...in Olympia, WA - right down the street from where we used to live & I worked. Unfortunately, I am just writing up the bid, I think the work will go to someone else. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the correction anonymous! My bad... and I knew better too. Must have had a brain fart... ;~) And thank you, yes, Lars does need his mom. :~)
    @ Aunt Marcia- I think you should invent those walking shoes that actually take you out and make you walk. I would definately buy them! Also, not sure where Eric's aunt and uncle live. I will have to ask and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoops, anonymous was me - adrienne :)

    ReplyDelete