Friday, March 25, 2011

Roller Coasters


One day I'm dressed in a suit schmoosing the "upper echelon" over a dinner meal where I'm trying to eat daintily to not look like a pig and the next I'm covered in cow manure and/ or urine and flinging fresh milk at Eric via a teet fight in the barn.  Life is a roller coaster, and my brain feels ready to fly off the seat!
Graduation is in 42 days, not that I'm counting or anything, and I couldn't be more ready in some ways and on the other hand, it scares the living bejeeses out of me.  All my projects minus one will be completed and a new chapter will begin.  The anxiety is building up as I'm thinking, "Where the heck will I work?"  "What if I don't find a job?"  "When will I finally have a paycheck agian?"  "When can I have my life back?"  etc.  A variety of thoughts definately, yet all raise some type of anxiety, and each one makes me want to be done with school even more.  I think I have a bad case of what I've heard called "senioritis".   I wish they would make some kind of stupid pill or something to fix it...

In other news, it's been a great week with Lars here!  The storm hindered our movie plans, but on Sunday we are headed to the science museum and the King Tut exhibit in the cities.  We've had some late nights filled with 12 year old theoretical conversation in the barn and wild and furious games of Uno Attack! 

  The kids have been playing in the unforgivable spring snow and are currently dripping with mud mixed with slush.  I like doing laundry anyway... right?  I'll just keep telling myself that.  

2 comments:

  1. After living in the relative sanitation of the suburban cul-de-sac for the last four years, this is our first spring on our wooded acreage. The boys come home from school, drop their bags, change into "muck boots" in the garage, and head for the creek. I've done more laundry in the last four weeks than I probably did all winter, but it's been worth every drop of water and bubble of soap. The bonus? I get to call them in with a bona fide dinner bell. Love sharing the long-distance mud with you, Karen...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd time: I lost my comment. Will try again!

    I remember playing in mud when I was a kid. Your blog reminded me of how HARD it must have been for mom, washing clothes for a big family with an old wringer washer. Hauling water from the well. Hanging clothes to dry on the clothesline...even sometimes in winter. They were "freeze-dried" then brought back into the house to finish drying. Thank GOD for new washers/dryers.

    ReplyDelete