Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Crazy Life

I must be nuts, or maybe something is malfiring in my brain at times... I'm not sure yet.  I don't run around naked looking for squirrels or anything, so there is some hope. 

I was asked to explain myself- life, projects in action, work, extra curriculars etc. to a friend last night who I haven't talked to in years.  As I am hearing myself rambling on about the 80 million things I am doing I started to think, "What is wrong with me?  Am I crazy?  I need some chocolate..."   So after eating a girl scout thin mint, which was delicious, I got off the phone and thought about how to simplify things.    This left me with two words: self care.   I have been really overwhelmed with everything I am trying to do and I need to just remember to take some time for myself.  So today I am going to get a little homework done, I have to do some, and then I am going to spend the afternoon with my husband.  Just the two of us, doing nothing other than whatever it is we want to do.  This evening my best friend invited me to a Mary Kay party, I think she knows I'm a little stressed, and I appreciate a little time for me.  I am blessed and appreciate her friendship so much! 

This morning I laid on the couch with my youngest son for a while, loving him up, and it felt wonderful.  As I was hugging and kissing on him he was practicing shooting bad guys with his pistol while watching an old western movie.  Boys...   My daughter and I cuddled up on the couch last night for a while and she read a book to me called, "A Tiny Fairy".  I only had to help with one word.  She is amazing!  Sounds like Roger is doing well and all set to graduate which makes me happy.  Lars is doing great and tells me all about his battle ground stories from a game that I don't understand but pretend to anyways.  "Yep, WOW!  That's fantastic!" 

My step-daughter, as Eric refers to her now, is doing well also.  She's been in school all week, has made numerous phone calls, is still attending her child birth classes and is taking one step at a time.  We took a break yesterday and will today as well from it all, but tomorrow will get back to the phone to look for options.  Had a couple suggestions this week about local help which is the direction that we are looking at.  The jist of it is that the state has cut funding, so counties have no funding for housing.   Did you know that 45% of homeless people in Minnesota are children, youth and those under 21? 
For more information on Minnesota homelessness the Homeless Coalition of Minnesota has a fantastic website with lots of information.  The executive director is also a friend of mine who has been there for any advice or information that I may need.  She's fantastic too! 

Anyway, I am going to rock out a couple papers so I can enjoy the rest of the day with some long overdue husband time.  Hope you all have a great day, and feel blessed that you have a home to sleep in, a bed to lay in, and a pillow to rest your head on at night. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are getting at least some information. Also, that you are taking some time to relax. Your life has been so crazy lately (even more than usual!), and you need to make sure to take time for yourself.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to waht Becky said. Don't want to burn out beforeyou had a chance to really light a fire!

    ReplyDelete