Monday, February 28, 2011

Spaghetti Feed

Taylor accompanied me to the annual Social Work Club Spaghetti feed where she became the assistant table decorator and face paint model for the day. 
 She did a fabulous job at arranging flowers and evergreen boughs on the tables after smoothing the wrinkles out of the tableclothes.  The tables were then adorned with table top letters that explained the importance of social work, what we do, and quotes from famous individuals relating to social work or social change.  They were beautiful!


I was chef for a day and think I cooked enough spaghetti for 150 people.  Cheri was a fabulous Sous Chef, Steve was the chief organizer and the professors were there in action as well.  We made a great team!  Others showed up during the serving time and stayed to clean up so it was a great success.  Here is the "hot buns" team!

Overall, it was a successful day!  We served approximately 60 people, raised around $600 which is enough combined with other funding to pay for our trip to "Day at the Capital".  Since I am a co-chair to organize that, I guess I better get on the ball now...  ;~)  Taylor had a blast, and we ended the day by stopping in for Landon's first Birthday party!  Family, food, cuddly and happy baby... Very fun! Needless to say, I had a fabulous night's sleep!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Very rewarding to have your trip paid for. Spaghetti sounds so good. That would put me to sleep.

    ReplyDelete