Sunday, January 16, 2011

Indecisive

Throughout the school process I have come to realize many things about myself.  One of them is that I am not very great at just making small talk.  I like conversation to have a meaning and point, and when it doesn't I feel like I don't know exactly what to say at times.  Needless to say I don't think I could ever be in sales...  

Over achieving is also a struggle for me.  As much of a benefit and strength this is, it can also be a hindrance.  We have two senior capstones this semester and I am having an incredibly difficult time deciding what to do. I've decided that my indecisiveness is due to being an over achiever.  I keep telling myself that simple is better and less stressful, but it's not working well...

On a second note,  I was happily able to cross multiple things off of my list today!  I cleaned and organized the barn this last week, have been in the barn at least twice a week as a family, wrote a fabulous resume' (Thanks to the resume' God- Aunt Marcia :-), and added to my list again.  I started eating very healthfully this last week as well, but unfortunately today I fell off the wagon.  Will saddle back up for tomorrow though.  I just need to keep thinking about how fabulous I want to look for graduation! ;~)

2 comments:

  1. Small talk has to be cultivated. You probably see it as a waste of time,you want to "get to the point, achieve what has to be done and not waste time". Time is especially important to you with all you have to do. But, learning small talk is important. Sometimes it lays the groundwork for getting tasks achieved. (I remember when I started my career, I hated being in meetings with bigwigs, they seemed to just want to chat and not get to the point).

    It is stressful to be an over-achiever. I don't know how you manage it with family, farm and work! Amazing.

    Helping you with your resume was a privelege. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes perfect sense actually. I feel like pre-school era, I used to be fairly good at small talk and somewhere have lost that along the way. Hopefully with the return of normalcy will return the ability and time to make small talk... at some point. ;~)

    ReplyDelete