Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thankfulness

Fabulous is the word I would use to describe this month so far, despite the weather.  Yesterday I was able to convince my proffesor to allow me to do a paid internship if I land the job I'm eyeing.  Even though I may not get the job, this was still a great accomplishment and I'm excited! 

My husband is wonderful and he always, well almost always, makes me smile in the morning.  Milking together in the barn last night and this morning while exchanging a light amount of sarcasm, discussing the news, and planning our future vision in life provides a great start for the day.  I love him.

My children make me laugh and warm my heart.  Last night in the barn Taylor and Brady were dancing in circles, laughing and singing all dressed up in their winter gear.  It was quite a sight!  Then they decided to lay their coats on the floor and play "pretend sleeping" on the floor of the milkhouse.  So darling they were while they were quiet....  I also talked to Lars last night on the phone and he sounds so happy!  He jokes around on the phone, asks me when I will call next, and tells me all about his day then he expresses how much he misses me and loves me.  I am loving it and taking it all in!  Funny how much of a difference taking away one person makes...   I was on facebook last night and saw a couple of Roger's senior pictures as well.  Such a handsome young man!  Very proud of him and think of him often.  He has so much potential, I just hope that he realizes that. 

I am so thankful for my family.  I have a wonderful husband, magnificent children, loving parents, awesome sisters, and a strong and supportive extended family as well.  How much more can a person ask for.   

1 comment:

  1. A heartwarming blog. I would like to add that we think the world of Roger...he knows that, I believe. Also, you are right, he has so much potential.

    Thank you for making me smile at the "sight" of Brady and Taylor in the milkhouse. :-)

    I love that you are happy. It means a lot to me that you girls are "sharing" your experiences.

    ReplyDelete