Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stealing the List

My sister Becky has a blog at www.totallyserial.com/blog and I love reading it!  She decided, after being inspired by another blogger, to start a 2011 list of things to do.  I AM STEALING THE LIST!!!   I am a goal oriented person, and this made me sincerely excited!  So, here is my list:
1. Plan a menu for at least 2 weeks at a time
2. Take food out of the freezer the night before I am going to need it
3. Buy myselft a new jewelry set that I love
4. Spend 2 nights a week as a family in the barn
5. Read one book to my kids each night
6. Try a new recipe, or ingredient once a month
7. Organize my bedroom
8. Learn to fingerpick a song on guitar
9. Make a better budget
10. Read one local paper per week
11. Attend a group camping trip
12. Begin exersizing again
13. Learn 2 new healthy recipes
14. Have a date night with my husband
15. Set a 20 minute time limit for the computer
16. Make a chore list, with rewards, for my kids
17. Clean my house for 30 minutes per day except Sundays
18. Finish the wedding album of Eric and I
19. Crochet a blanket
20. Attend a local activity
21. Color and cut my hair
22. Graduate with honors
23. Quit buying much junk food
24. Take 5 minutes each morning to clear my mind and make a plan for the day
25. Call the boys more often
26. attend church at least twice a week
27. reward myself for something done
28. send out 5 thank you notes
29. Get my hair colored as a stylist suggests
30. organize a party
31. volunteer time once a month
32. write everyones birthday on my calender
33. buy stationary for writing letters
34. write 5 letters for no reason, but to stay in contact
35. research  and understand feed rationing
36. spend a day with my best friend Erica doing something fun
37. teach Lars some guitar
38. pack dinner for school at least 2 days per week
39. paint my entry way
40. teach Lars to bake/ cook this summer
41. go to at least 3 card parties
42. play basketball at the court in Wolf Lake with mine, and the other kids in community
43. go fishing more often
44. Learn to make Kuchen (questionable spelling) with my Grandma
45. make deer jerky
46. make home made gifts with my kids
47. Print out photos of my kids and put in an album
48. organize the kids room
49. buy a new mattress for my bed
50. Buy new sheets for my bed
51. Make a doctor, eye doctor and dentist appointment for myself
52. learn to play a song with my husband
53. clean and organize the barn
54. write a fabulous resume'
55. go camping more often with my kids
56. have coffee with a neighbor
57. Put away the Christmas decorations
58. add to my list as I see fit

So there it is.  Now, lets see if I can put it to the side to cross them off as we go like Becky is.  This will make me accountable as well.  :~)

7 comments:

  1. What a great list! I might steal a couple items for my list! I told Auntie M, I think I'm going to start a blogger blog to see how it works and stuff, and then I can help you figure out how to do things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I think you should make your doctor appointments this week. That's my big thing to cross off. Let's both just get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read one book to my kids each night

    I found this extremely valuable when grandkids stayed with us for a long period when they were small. Each night at 8PM kids would get all ready for bed & snuggle in, then I would read one chapter from a classic (Time Machine, The Magic Garden, etc). If they were good (which they quickly learned was rewarding), an extra chapter was read (and occasionally, but rarely, maybe more). Then Kyle went off to his bed and it was sleep time for all. It was wonderful, for them and me. It added structure, it seemed they learned in the first week what the protocol was. They still remind me of it and that we would follow this up with watching the classic movie version of the book on TV when they came on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, let me know when you figure out how to pull it to the side! I am so excited to have a group goal effort (& support).

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Another Note! (Sorry, I cannot help but get excited when I read your goals). I would love to help with #54 when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I will make appointments and take down the Christmas decorations this week. There is 2 off of my list.

    Aunt Marcia- I would love to have some assistance with #54. I actually am going to start putting it together soon. There is a job that I am really interested in, I know I am not exactly qualified, but I might apply anyway. If it was 5 years from now I would definately apply, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I say I would be glad to help? I am. Split a paper. On one side: Why don't you write down all the reasons why you think you could do this job? Other side: Also write down why you think someone may not want to hire you (so you can work on overcoming that through resume, research and interview practice).

    Also, how did you get your list off to the side?

    ReplyDelete