Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Begginings

It's official, my little sister Kim is a Knight in San Fransisco!  She took a one way flight outa this cold state and landed in a 51 degree cultural dreamland.  Missing her and wishing her the best, and very proud of her new adventure!  

In other news, another positive chalked up for the year.  For five years I have held my tongue and was able to unleash the wrath!  I politely was able to tell someone to never contact me again.  Even though this sounds horrible, it has been long awaited and I took much pleasure in the opportunity.  After which I was elated all evening and last night when everyone was in bed, I sat and cried a few tears of happiness.  Completely enjoyable!  Funny how something sounding so negative can feel so wonderful, but I think at some point most of us have wished we could do this with someone or another.  I've wished it for years with this one person, and my wish was finally granted. 

That's enough about that.  Life has been good.  I've experienced some great happenings with my family this last week and have been doing some reflecting back on what exactly it is that I want to do with my life.  The combination made me remember what my strengths are, why I want to make changes to improve lives of the elderly and how they mesh.  Sometimes a refresher on "what am I doing and where am I going" is great for the mind.  So, here is an early morning "cheers" to all the new begginings! 

2 comments:

  1. I think that in some cases, telling a person to never contact you again is actually the nicest thing you can do. Because if they continue to contact you, then you might do something not nice. Like kick them in the shins. ;-)
    In all seriousness, I'm happy for you, and for Kim, and for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Becky said. I am amazed you held your tongue so long. That had to be terrible!

    But, glad that weight (i.e., albatross) is gone. One less thing to cause stress...

    ReplyDelete