Thursday, January 6, 2011

Little Things

This morning I awoke to my 4 year old saying, "Mom, I farted in the bathroom and I peed!" and thought about how much I appreciate the little things throughout the day, such as his commical remarks.  So I came up with a list of things I enjoy.  I love lists; did I mention this?  :~) 
1. The smell of coffee brewing in the early morning
2.  The sound of  kids giggling
3.  My husbands sense of humor
4.  The way my husband's face lights up when I walk in the barn to help
5.  Brady's outlandish comments
6.  Lars wanting to cuddle with his mom (even though he's in 6th grade)
7. Roger's slight North Carolina accent mixed and his respectful personality
8.  Listening to my children play make believe
9.  Seeing my kids learn new things  
10.  Hearing my cat purr as he lays on me in the morning and at night
11.  Hearing the sound of the baby calves bellering as they are starving in the morning
12.  Seeing the baby chickens run under their mama in the yard
13.  Looking at the crystals in the trees on a winter morning
14.  Exploring pictures that Jack Frost made with my children
15.  Watching the deer, wild turkeys, fox and various other animals in the woods
16.  Seing my family picture on the wall every day
17.  the smell of bacon (it makes everything wonderful!)
18.  Smelling laundry fresh out of the dryer
19. Cuddling on the couch with my husband after chores
20.  Spending time with my kids at the beach, fishing, sledding, playing games, reading, cooking, or almost anything, it's all good
21. Hearing from mine and Eric's family on the phone
22. Hearing Brady say, "Mom, I love you and I missed you all day" numerous times each day

The list could go on and on, but I will stop here.   Just writing the list brings a smile to my face and reminds me about how fortunate I am to have a home, and a loving and wonderful family.  Life is too busy; so take a breath and remember to stop and take note of what you appreciate.  It hopefully will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling inside, just like it did me. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this, and I might steal the idea for a future post, when I'm feeling down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list is truly wonderful. Did I tell you about something I just read, about being thankful for 3 things each day, and to tell yourself that in the morning so your day starts out good? Hey, I just remembered - it was part of a LIST in the Delta magazine...it was good, so I took the magazine and I will post it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a thought about #59 on your list (I have to do that too). A person needs some kind of action plan to go along with the goal. It really helped when I had a container in my vehicle for things i had to carry around. I did not allow myself to put stuff anywhere else. I am thinking I 1) need to do a thorough clean of my car, 2) need to put a smaller bin container back in the car trunk with items I need (air freshener, upholstery cleaner foam, lint roller, small emergency kit). If I had kids, I would give them each their own small, see-through good wuality container/bag for the car where they had to put all their stuff. Before leaving the car a wuick pickup would be done to make sure containers were organized. LOL...sounds good when I write it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the H*** happened to my Q's? :-D

    ReplyDelete